Felted Animal Kit
If you've never tried sculptural "3D" needle felting, it is simply creating felt by poking wool with special barbed needles until it holds together, no sewing or fancy tools needed.
The process is simple but the possibilities are endless! The time needed to complete a felted animal is about 3-4 hours for a beginner or 1-2 hours for an experienced felter.
This gift set includes everything needed to get started with needle felting and includes:
- A Best Needle Felting Starter Set
- Durable, long-lasting 5”x 6” high density felting foam pad
- 4 Color-coded felting needles to give you ultimate flexibility with your projects (1 coarse needle (36 gauge triangle) to quickly start your sculpture, 2 medium all-purpose needles (38 triangle & 38 star) for overall shaping and 1 fine needle (40 triangle) for small details and surface finishing)
- Needle chart explaining needle sizes and appropriate usage
- Needle case to store your needles safely
- A handy starter guide to walk you through needle felting techniques, answering questions like "What kind of wool is best?" or "How do I properly use felting needles?" This guide will also teach you how to sculpt the basic shapes that are the building blocks of any needle felting project.
- Your choice of any animal felting kit (Owl, Otter, or Red Panda)
- Complete directions & pattern to make 1 animal
- Glass eyes
- 100% wool in all needed colors
Because felting needles are extremely sharp, this craft is recommended for ages 10+. Older children may also require supervision.